His appointment was at 9am and by 10 he was done. He was mostly concerned with choosing the band color to go around the brackets. He chose navy. It's his new fave color, I'm told. Immediately afterward I drove him to Mason to enjoy a pizza party with his teammates from each swim group who have had the best attendance so far this year. Eating pizza was no problem. Eating a huge cookie wasn't either.
When we got home from the party he was still hungry. Mac and cheese. Yogurt. Both went down well. Later he asked for a F'real milkshake from Speedway. Sure! Off we went. Then tonight I made dinner... baked potatoes with shredded chicken and choice of toppings. He scarfed it down. Then he at Cheez-its. (he asked for chips but I thought the crackers would dissolve better) Pretty sure he's fine. ;)
I was rather optimistic that he wouldn't be in much pain. He isn't a complainer. We never knew he was teething when he was a baby. Plus he loves to eat so I didn't think a little soreness would get in the way, really. So far, after having them on all day, he has zero pain. Weird? Did they put the braces on correctly? (ha) He has super straight teeth (got braces for an overbite) so maybe there's nothing really being pulled right now? He doesn't go back for 8 weeks! Hope these 8 weeks do something!!!
I took photos of Max today, of course. The Dr. was so nice about it and let me get right up in there. :)
Before.
Choosing the rubber band color.
Times have changed since I had braces! What is this thing?
Getting the brackets glued on.
Checking them out!
And looking over the final product. :)
After! All smiles!







No comments:
Post a Comment